Minor Burns

A Convenient Source of Minor Burn Treatment in the St. Johns and, Howell Carson City, MI, Areas

Getting treatment for certain types of burns is crucial to avoid infection, scarring, and controlling pain. It is important to know the differences in the severities of burns and when to receive the proper treatment. Some burns may be cared for at home, while others may require an emergency room visit. If you are experiencing burns over a large area of the body, a chemical or electrical burn, or difficulty breathing, you should seek emergency medical care right away.

If you’re in the St. Johns, Howell or Carson City, Michigan, areas, you can turn to Ouch Urgent Care for speedy medical treatment for a minor burn without waiting for an appointment with your primary care doctor. Our walk-in clinic is open daily, offer late night hours, and we treat patients of all ages, including infants.

Types of Burns

Signs and symptoms of a burn may develop over the course of 24 to 48 hours after the initial injury occurred.

  • 1st-degree burn- This minor burn affects only the outer layer of skin causes redness and some pain. This can usually be treated at home and requires little care.
  • 2nd-degree burn-This burn effects the first and 2nd layer of skin. It may cause excessive redness, swelling, and blisters. The pain may be severe and some scarring may occur. This type of burn should be looked at by a medical professional.
  • 3rd-degree burn-This is the most severe burn and reaches the fat layer under the skin. This area may be black, brown or white and will usually require an immediate emergency room visit.

Should I go to Urgent Care or the Emergency Room?

If you have a burn that is covering your hands, feet, face, or any other large area of the body it is best to seek immediate care in an emergency room. If you are experiencing difficulty breathing or burns to the airway, you should seek immediate emergency care. Deep burns, burns that make the skin look leathery, charred, black, brown or white burns, and chemical or electrical burns are all good reason to seek more immediate comprehensive medical assistance.

If you have any oozing, discolorations, excessive swelling, or a burn that has not healed within two weeks, it is best to be seen by a doctor at one of our locations.

Contact Ouch Urgent Care today if you have questions, or simply head over to our clinic in St. Johns, Howell and Carson City. We accept many insurance plans, including Medicaid, and offer affordable rates to those paying out of pocket.

We’re Here for You